In this full-time role, you will work in Oxehealth’s research team to develop novel algorithms and products. You will be responsible for writing and maintaining production-quality software and given the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art computer vision software, ensuring the products of research reach production and help our customers. At Oxehealth, you will use your skills to take innovative ideas from the whiteboard to deployment in production.
A typical day in this role might start with a standup meeting with the rest of the research team to discuss progress and align objectives. Most of your day will be spent coding in projects that last a few weeks or more, with specific tasks planned weekly. Your teammates will be on hand to collaborate with you and support you as needed, as well as providing high-quality feedback through our code review processes.
Here are some of the technologies we work with on a regular basis. No specific prior experience is essential, but you would be expected to become familiar with a number of these depending on your duties.
● C++: modern standards up to C++20,openCV, boost, Qt, protobufs, GRPC, ZMQ (+ various hardware APIs)
● Python: numpy, scipy, pandas,matplotlib, bokeh, pyarrow, jupyter lab/notebook, tensorflow
● Spark (+ pyspark), parquet,prometheus, SQL, docker, git/gitlab, nomad, AWS, R, matlab
Your core responsibilities will include:
● Conversion of research ideas into production quality code (python or C++)
● Collaborating with researchers to explore novel algorithm ideas and understand how they can be incorporated into our product
● Software maintenance and improvement of our algorithmic products (e.g. efficiency improvements, code refactoring etc…).
● Development of scalable research pipelines to improve the speed and quality of our research.
The skills and qualities required for this role are:
● Software development proficiency in C++ and/or python and a drive to produce production-quality software.
● A pragmatic, flexible and delivery-focused mindset, comfortable both in producing high-quality production software and prototypes for rapid iteration as required
● Comfortable in a fast-moving collaborative environment where priorities may change rapidly
● One or two years of software development experience.
● Practical experience with a full software development stack on Linux (e.g. containerisation, continuous integration tooling, databases …)
● A passion for software development and collaboration to develop innovative ideas into products which help make the lives of patients and their carers better
● 25 days of annual leave with the ability to purchase more
● Group personal pension plan and life assurance
● Strong growth opportunities (individual and at team’s quarterly developmental offsites)
● A flexible working environment - we trust people to manage their time and to focus on results
● Regular opportunities to engage with and understand cutting edge research
● Working in a well-funded scale-up with an entrepreneurial culture and strong team spirit
If you have the ambition, energy and skills needed to be successful in this role and want to be part of a company that is on a journey which will be world changing, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com