This website (the "Site") is operated by Oxehealth Limited of Magdalen Centre North, Oxford Science Park, Oxford, Oxfordshire, England, OX4 4GA (“Oxehealth”), also referred to in this Privacy Notice as "we" or "us".
Oxehealth is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice sets out how we will treat and protect any personal information that you provide us or that we collect from you when you use the Site.
1. What information might we collect about you via the Site?
- your name, address, email address and other contact details;
- details of your preferences and interests (to help tailor the Site, our newsletters and other marketing material to you);
- records of your correspondence with us, if you have contacted us; and
- details of your visit to our Site and the resources that you access.
We may also obtain information about your usage of the Site through the use of 'cookies' which enable us to make certain parts of the Site easier to use and to improve the Site generally.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However some cookies are essential and the site won’t operate as expected without them and some features of the website may not be available. For further information about cookies please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
3. In what ways do we use this personal information?
We may use personal information collected from you through the Site in the following ways:
- to ensure that the Site is presented to you in an effective manner and is customised to your preferences;
- to provide you with information that you have requested from us;
- to book you on to any of our events that you have registered to attend; and
- where you have registered to do so, to send you electronic and/or paper form marketing and other materials relating to us or to contact you for market research purposes, unless you would prefer us not to do so (see Your Rights below).
The UK’s data protection law allows us to use your personal information provided we have a legal basis for doing so. The legal basis that we rely on to use your information is usually:
- You’ve given us your consent (for example, to send you marketing material); and
- We have a legitimate interest in operating and promoting our business.
4. The security of your personal information
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
5. In what circumstances will we share your personal information?
We will not share your personal information with any third party except where:
- you have expressly consented for us to share your personal information with third parties;
- we are under a legal or regulatory obligation to disclose your personal information, or in order to enforce or apply our Site Terms & Conditions; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our clients or others;
- our company, or substantially all our company's assets are merged or acquired by a third party, in which case your personal information may form part of the transferred or merged assets;
- to provide anonymous statistical information about users of the Site and related usage information to reputable third parties; or
- we are using a third party service provider to provide services for or on behalf of Oxehealth, in such circumstances this will only be to trusted providers and subject to confidentiality arrangements.
6. Links to third party websites
The Site may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave the Site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this Privacy Notice. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy notice applicable to the website in question.
7. Where do we store your personal information?
We may sometimes transfer to, store or host information with third party service providers based outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including countries where the law may provide less protection for personal information.
Wherever we transfer personal information outside of the UK or EEA, we will take legally required steps to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect the personal information and to ensure it is kept securely.
If we engage a third party to process personal information on our behalf we contractually require them to apply appropriate safeguards for personal information.
8. How long will we retain your personal information?
We will keep your personal data only for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from a newsletter or other marketing communication, we will keep a record of your email address in order to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in the future.
9. Your rights
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information, including the right to object to, restrict and/or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information, the right to access your personal information, and the ability to receive a machine readable copy of your personal information.
You also have the right to ensure that we correct or delete any inaccurate or out of date personal information which we have about you or to unsubscribe from the services we provide to you. If you believe that any personal information which we have about you is inaccurate or out of date and you would like us to correct or delete it, if you wish to unsubscribe from our services or if you wish to exercise any other of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
You may also have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights. If you have such concerns, we would appreciate it if you initially contact us at the email address above so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns. If you want to know more about your data protection rights under UK law (including your right to complain) then please visit the website of Information Commissioner’s Office.
The above privacy notice applies to users of this website. Oxehealth is also the Data Controller for information held about its Employees , Customers , Suppliers and Investors .
If you have any questions or need further information about our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Magdalen Centre North, Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4GA.
Oxehealth may change these Privacy Notices from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This Privacy Notice was last updated on 14th June 2018.